DECLARATION OF PRINCIPLES
We hold these truths to be self-evident that a flourishing society empowers its people to innovate and create, providing the freedom to bring forth ideas in the pursuit of economic and social well-being. Our nation, built upon an unyielding entrepreneurial spirit, has risen to greatness with these essential truths as a foundation. Yet, whenever policies or institutions – both public and private – fall short in these ends then we bear a responsibility to remedy these shortcomings, thereby reinvigorating our society and ensuring no spurious limits on the inventiveness of humankind.
Guided by these principles, we declare that an innovative and entrepreneurial society shall be established and affirmed upon the following foundations:
- Comprehensive educational system that develops and inspires all people to be curious and creative leaders by providing experiential learning opportunities and exposure to imaginative and entrepreneurial role models.
- Entrepreneurial culture that inspires and empowers communities and individuals to embrace, nurture, and celebrate innovators and entrepreneurs.
- Collaborative public and private financial institutions that promote appropriate investment in innovative research, entrepreneurial startups, and social enterprises.
- Progressive immigration policies that attract and retain the best talent in the world and encourage them to work for local businesses and launch their own ventures.
- Coherent tax structure that encourages investors, managers, entrepreneurs and inventors to allocate greater risk capital to research, development, and new venture creation.
- Nimble and professionalized regulatory system that simplifies and harmonizes regulation across nations, states, regions, and municipalities enabling productive and progressive risk taking.
- Modernized intellectual property laws that reflect the realities of the post-industrial age in order to improve collaborative efficiency and better incentivize the co-creation of new ideas, technologies, and ventures.
We declare our intent to honor and support these core principles and to work toward creating and sustaining a flourishing American society of entrepreneurs and innovators.